'ENLIGHTENED 1' (2018) | by: Jeff Wood
A word from the artist: ‘The inspiration for this piece came from my painting instructor, Robert Venosa. Venosa's piece, ”Enlightenment” featuring a symmetrical Buddha in the middle of a signature exploding abstract, is one of my favorites. As a screen print poster artist who usually works in flat color and linework, strangely, my oil paintings fall more into the fantastic realism of painters like Venosa, Giger, Ernst Fuchs, Hoffmann, and Rubinov. This image was created using digital pastel brushes that I custom built to mimic the technique I use when laying down an underpainting on canvas. It’s a definite nod to my Maestro Venosa after his passing and the influence he had on me as a painter and human. This piece honors his memory. I miss him dearly.’
This serigraph print, based off of the original digital painting, was broken down into a dozen layers of rich blues and blacks to capture its full range and depth.
- Print size: 20 x 30 inches
- Multi layer serigraph on Cranes archival cotton rag
- Signed, numbered & embossed limited edition of 130
- 15 Artist Proofs | 13 Printers Proofs
Additionally, Neon Eye will be offering an option to purchase each print, ready to hang, housed in a custom designed contemporary frame. Each assembled professionally using archival museum quality materials.
- Frame size (outer): approx. 28 x 38 inch
- Hinged float mount on etched black mat to accent the prints hand torn edges
- 1 5/8 inch Flat Black Cube moulding
- Tru-Vue Conservation Clear Acrylic glazing
- Museum grade mounting with archival cotton rag mat
Printed & distributed by: Lady Lazarus - Houston, TX - USA.
All orders shipped fully insured.
International orders may be subject to import tax & tariff upon import. Based on regulation, international tax rates may vary. Please contact your local customs authority for more information. NOTE: Custom framed artwork is ineligible for international shipping